alpha gamma class
Major: Human Biology & Computer Science
Hometown: Bakersfield, CA
Interests: Dance (Alliance, XTRM). Stanford Khmer Association (SKA), Hmong Student Union (HSU), photography, martial arts (karate), dogs, Fast and Furious series, Friends TV show, Marvel
1. I can clap really loudly.
2. I have two miniature shih-tzus named Chubbie and Brownie.
3. I have two little sisters who are 4 years old and 1 years old.
Major: Anthropology (Medical Anthropology concentration)
Hometown: Cary, NC
Interests: Mentor high school girls in STEM, sleeping a lot, talking about love & relationships, working at the hospital, research, Forbes Cafe
1. I have 2 rabbits named Rock and Slug at home.
2. I have a white hat that makes me look like a marshmallow.
3. My aKDPhi nickname is Snapdragon.
Major: Symbolic Systems & Economics Minor
Hometown: San Ramon, CA
Interests: figure skating, dance (ballet, jazz, hip hop), photography/videography, creative writing, arts/crafts, Netflix-ing, eating, sleeping
1. My figure skating coach was an Olympic bronze medalist.
2. I share a birthday with Kanye.
3. My last name (Luo) is the same name as the Kenyan tribe that Obama’s father was from.
Major: Economics & Creative Writing Minor
Hometown: Chandler, AZ
Interests: Stanford Marketing Group, Stanford Pre-Business Association, creative writing, historical movies, trying out new foods, traveling, study dates with friends
1. I've been honored by The New York Times for my creative writing.
2. When I was seven, I fainted after I accidentally stapled my thumb.
3. Neil Perry from Dead Poets Society was my first movie crush.
Major: Computer Science
Hometown: Columbus, OH
Interests: Society of Women in Engineering, Asia-Pacific Student Entrepreneurship Society, hiking, going to concerts, trying new foods
1. I have one older brother and seventeen cousins.
2. I have never eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Major: Psychology, Philosophy & Religious Studies
Hometown: Palo Alto, CA
Interests: Going to concerts/music festivals, hiking, finding vegan food places, mental health awareness and care, reading, feminism
1. I have 8 piercings and 2 tattoos.
2. I've played the piano for 16 years.
3. I'm absurdly obsessed with corgis and find every opportunity to stalk them/find cute corgi Instagram accounts.
Major: Product Design & Computer Science Minor
Hometown: Palo Alto, CA
Interests: XTRM, Stanford Daily, art/design (Egon Schiele, Franz Kline, Matisse), trying out new workouts (swimming, muay thai, running), traveling, memes, romantic comedies and trash TV
1. I've travelled to all the continents except Antartica.
2. I have hitchhikers thumb.
3. I got to watch the USA Olympic Swim Team practice before the 2008 Olympics, so I met Michael Phelps pre-legend!